Am at fox glacier now. This town is gloomy.. maybe it is because of the rain.. or maybe it is just because it is a great contrast from the vibrant queenstown. The gloominess of the small town makes me feel extremely unenthusiastic about the glacier walk. It is so cold and gloomy that the thought of climbing glacier and panting is really unappealing. And our accommodation is not very nice. It is a cabin style with kitchen and bathroom and shower. It is okay except that it doesn't look extremely clean. And one of the room has a triple decker bed. With such a short ceiling, that room with triple decker looks like a train cabin!! I will freak out sleeping in there. So luckily, fen would like to use that room. She took the mattress down onto the floor for her kids. So I get to use the queen bed with nini.
I think the next time I visit NZ, I might not want to stay one night in fox glacier. I will just arrive in noon time to do the glacier walk.
Anyway, might still do the glacier walk cos nini wants to do. So I said I will accompany her. But it really depends on the weather. If it is too bright and shiny, the reflection of sun on the glacier will be hurtful to our eyes and both of us did not bring sunglasses. If raining, of course can not do. For now, I am more keen to go to this Lake Mattheson to watch sunrise. Have to wake up at 4am and trek 30mins in. of course, it depends on weather..
tomorrow going to greymouth. I hope the accommodation is better. It is another holiday park.. and hopefully the kids can behave..
mood now: tired
No comments:
Post a Comment