I had my first interview today, with a Japanese Company. The interview is not intimidating. I am not very keen on the job but I think it had been a good practice for me. There were some questions which I felt I could have answered better. One example is the first Q below:
Q) What is marketing to you?
A) Marketing consists of marketing research and analysis to find out market conditions and from the information, identify product USP, target market. If there are more than 1 product to be launched, research to find out which product is suitable for the local market. After identification of target market, research on them to find out how to reach them, what are their concerns. These are vital information to be used during creation of marketing campaigns, collaterals and events. After market research, it will be marketing communication. after marketing communication, it will be monitoring results, following up with sales team to determine results.
Strategic marketing and research-> competitive landscape, trends, consumer behavior --> purpose is to identify USP and target market.
Marketing communications --> how to INTEREST and ENTICE consumers to find out more about your product and consider purchasing them.
Q) What is the best thing you like about your current job?
A) The best thing is when people call/email me to inquire about our services. The implies that my marketing efforts is reaping results.
Q) What is the worst thing you like about your job, either current or previous?
A) My answer was,"working with people who are not committed to delivering although they had undertaken the responsibility". She doesn't seem to be very impressed about the statement.
I will continue hunting. will be doing up a checklist to ensure that I don't accept job out of anxiousness again.
Jiayou!!
Thursday, June 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment